2011.03.18 Procedures for the Measures for Students Affected by the Tohoku Earthquake
[To All International Students Who Are Scheduled to Enter
Waseda University in April 2011]
We would like to express our heartfelt sympathy to all who have been affected
by the Tohoku Earthquake of March 11 and the consequent massive tsunami.
It is our sincere hope that safety will be restored and the affected areas will
recover as soon as possible.
In response to the earthquake, Waseda University is taking the measures below.
1. Waseda University has decided to postpone the start of the first term of AY 2011.
The start of classes will be May 6 (Friday), instead of April 6 (Wednesday), 2011.
For details, please click
2. Special Measures
*Information about the procedures for the special measures below will be announced
on March 22 (Tuesday), 2011 on this web page.
[Measures for Students Who Have Suffered from the Earthquake]
1) Tuition reduction/exemption
2) Extension of enrollment procedure deadlines
3) Special permission for leave of absence
4) Permission to defer enrollment
[For All International Students]
1) Permission to defer enrollment